A garden gate is to your garden what a driveway gate is to your home- the elegance and beauty. Yes, it must have the capability to add a statement to your garden for this is what will attract and make first impression for your garden and gardening.
A home garden is a source of fresh produce; it saves you the trouble of visiting the market and finding the fresh fruit and vegetables so necessity of having a sturdy garden gate cannot be overlooked.
A garden gate is useful for:
1. Keeping the dogs and other animal out of the garden to prevent the garden and its produce from getting damaged.
2. If you have your garden in the backyard of your house, it becomes more important to have the garden gate strong enough for improving home security.
3. Garden gates are usually important for improving backyard privacy where our families love to spend some of our most intimate moments.
4. A garden gate speaks volumes about your garden and gardening. It is a must if you want the style and statement of your garden to be noticed.
A garden gate is not only an entry to the garden but an entry to the rear of your house, too. It’s a passageway into the oasis- fantasy land of grills, swimming pools, flowers, fruits and vegetables. Would it be right for it to just be a plain rectangle merely distinguishable from the rest of the fence? No, your gate should make a statement- a statement of your unique style.
The gate is a necessity if you have pets. It becomes indispensable if you have some wild animals around who invade your garden when it suits them. Putting off getting a suitable gate for your garden can ruin all your hard work along with your garden and backyard.
Every project needs some designing. So before getting a gate we need to decide on a design, we must have a clear picture of what we are going to get. Here’s some help with the planning:
1. It must be high enough to be visible and have an intriguing design made for a lasting impression. After all, it is a garden!
2. It must match the beauty of the garden. Plain gates are not suitable for a garden as there is no aesthetic appeal in them.
3. It should not be heavy on your pocket; cheap and sturdy garden gates are possible with very little expense.
4. It must be able to stand the extreme weather conditions for a longer period of time without any compromise with beauty, elegance, privacy and security.
With all that attractiveness and elegance one should not forget the sturdiness. It should be inviting to the people you welcome but stand guard against pets and unwelcome wild animals.
An attractive and sturdy garden gate can be easily made at home with design in mind and little help from an expert, and if not, professional help can also be taken to get your design materialized.